2/08/2007

Google Blooper!

I never was really impressed with Google Maps, well except for the satellite image part that was later on adopted by every website showcasing maps...I come from a school that likes to "see" Google Maps, but follows Yahoo Maps. Last weekend, I decided to do otherwise and a lesson was learnt :).

My wife and I were on a mission to buy some stuff for my sister's newborn and some stuff for our own new apartment and so we decided to go to ToysRUs and GardenRidge. Both these places were in locations I was not very familiar with and so we dug 'mechanically'.

We had to start at 2412 S Stemmons Fwy, Lewisville, TX 75067
and go to 2512 S Stemmons Fwy, Lewisville, TX 75067 AND !!!!



Google came up with a map that made us travel round and round for 3.6 miles as is evident from this map.



Yahoo as always came up with something that was more "efficient" and easy. But, even this was 1.8 miles :) as u can see from the picture..

The funniest part was this!! GardenRidge and ToysRUs were right next to each other and we really went about our task so 'mechanically' that we didn't even realise that till we came back to GardenRidge. So much for trusting technology blindly and so much more for following the pied piper Google...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home